Ada banyak cara membuilt-inkan safety. Salah satunya adalah melalui safety committee. Bagaimana agar safety committee di kantor kita jalan mulus ?
Pembahasan – Nanang Jamil
Ada banyak cara membuilt-inkan safety.
Salah satunya adalah melalui safety committee.
Bagaimana agar safety committee di kantor kita jalan mulus ?
Berikut saya cuplikkan tips safety comittee dari literatur yang ada .
Tips Safety Committee :
1. Set an example. Both current and past committee members are highly visible safety role models. They must consistently follow all safety practices without fail or lose their credibility. ‘Safety credibility’ should always be listed as a committee member requirement.
2. Give positive reinforcement to positive acts. When people do things right, they should be complimented. Honour safe work. Positive reinforcement is a powerful motivator and will produce consistent results. Members must also work to avoid giving ‘positive reinforcement of negative acts’. This can happen when we fail to see unsafe practices or simply ignore them. Not saying anything to address an unsafe condition or act is the same as giving permission to do things unsafely.
3. Serve proudly. People should be proud to serve on the committee. Being an active and productive member of the committee is very important for their peers and the health of the organization.
4. Don’t make promises you can’t keep. Committee members shouldn’t make promises they can’t keep or statements that aren’t accurate. There’s a big difference between telling someone ‘I’ll take care of it’ and something more measured like, ‘let me look into it a little more and I’ll get back to you next week.’ The first answer indicates that you have the authority and resources to make a change, which may not be true. If you fail to deliver on a promise, your credibility and that of the entire safety committee is damaged. The second answer is almost always more appropriate.
5. Support each other. Members should present a united front and always support each other. A true team effort and unity of purpose will help produce much better results.
6. Keep a big-picture perspective. Committees need to remember that safety is part of the overall picture of the organization. A strong safety program needs to mesh with the whole organization and be considered an equal to productivity, quality and cost. Success in safety must always be measured in relation to the success of the overall enterprise.